The pollution level on our planet is increasing day by day. It is going to be more difficult for even breathing the next time. The regular usage of fusing fuels by people is the main reason behind this critical situation, and it is getting worse daily. It seems next to impossible to control the increasing pollution level because people are addicted to using vehicles, smoking, and other facts that are significant reasons for this worst atmosphere. Let’s know how Air Purifier Works.
- As research, the air of a room is around 100 times more polluted than outdoor air. Because of the lack of air circulation, lousy building materials, paints, cooking foods, smoking, that causes many allergic diseases like asthma. Sometimes it even leads to cancer.
- That’s why it needs to breathe in pure and fresh indoor air for saving our family from any critical diseases. It is tough to get fresh indoor air through natural methods. Therefore an air purifier can help you out to get rid of polluted indoor air.
- Before a decade ago, an air purifier was used in big hotels and hospitals to provide pure air to their guests and patients. But as the pollution level increased, it became a priority for all the house owners to use an air purifier for taking good care of their family members and kids as well.
- If you also want to breathe in the clean and fresh air and have a desire to purchase an air purifier, then you can go ahead and read about the Air purifier.
Do Air Purifier Works?
Yes, an air purifier can easily remove impurities from air particles, like dust, mold, organic Compound, the smell of smoke, pet dander, or pollen grains. An air purifier has the potential to provide pure and clean air to its users. But it is also essential to clean the surfaces and floors of your homes to make the machine more productive. If the user cleans the dust and moulds of surfaces, then an air purifier can perform a significant part in eliminating other airborne particles. Apart from this, it also needs to clean the air filters to get a pleasant atmosphere.
What is an Air Purifier?
A machine that removes the contaminants of the air in a room and improves the quality of indoor air is an air purifier or air cleaner. The tool is beneficial to allergy and asthmatic sufferers that reduce the second-hand tobacco smoke. An air purifier is useful for home, hospitals, industrial and commercial use.
Where Should I Place My Air Purifier?
It is a good question about where to locate the air purifying machine. If the device is not a whole-house air purifier, then you have to keep the below-given tips for choosing the best location of the air purifier.
1. Choose the Room
The very first thing is to select the room or area where you want to locate the machine. Many of people like to install it in their bedrooms because there they spend most time of their daily routine and it helps to get a peaceful sleep for their kids and themselves as well. Sometimes the user wants to install it in their living room so that all the family members can sit together and get the advantages of the machine. Apart from this if you are a smoker then install it that room where you mostly smoke.
2. Proper Location in a Room
After selecting the ideal place, then chose a place in the chosen area where any object or furniture didn’t abstract air from reaching the purifier. The perfect location will be the center of the room. Many people never want to buy and set-up a big machine that could be hazardous while keeping inside the house. Thus the other ideal location will be near a wall. But again do not block the machine with any furniture or object while placing it near a wall.
3. On the Floor or Any Table
It depends on the model of your machine. Now, when you want the purifiers to work more efficiently then try to keep them on the floor. It will work with its most powerful at theirs. But you have to be more careful as it can create a trip hazard for kids by placing it on the floor of the center of the room. Others are good to put on the table and provide the full benefits of air filtration. But still, it depends on the instruction of the manufacturer to know where they recommended placing the particular model of the machine.
What Should I Look for When Buying an Air Purifier?
The device is a bit expensive. Thus the buyer should follow the best guidelines to purchase an air purifier. Some of the significant facts about an air filtration machine are listed below.
1. ACH (Air Changing Rate)
The ACH or the air change per hour rate of air filtration has described the capability of the machine that how many times it can filter the air of the entire room in an hour so that the buyer should check the air changing rate of the purifier while selecting the best model.
It measures the delivery of purifying air by an air-purifying machine at its maximum speed settings. It can also indicate the exact potential of removing airborne particles of the device. Therefore before making a good purchase go for the higher CADR ratings for getting the pure atmosphere to breathe.
3. Room Size
For selecting the idle model never ignores the most crucial fact that is room size. Bigger space requires a big air purifying machine, so make sure the purifier you are going to purchase can operate in an area that is 30 to 40 percent larger than your room. It also depends on the type of place like if you are looking for an air purifier for your bedroom then select a machine that makes less noise so that you can sleep well. On the other side, if you want to install it in the living room, then choose a machine that provides variable settings that can change or decrease.
How Long Does It Take an Air Purifier to Clean a Room?
- Within 30 minutes to 2 hours, it is capable of cleaning the unpurified air inside the room. It also depends on the fan speed, room size, and area coverage capability of the machine.
- The machine must have the ability to cover the full extent of the room.
- As an example, if the room size is 300 square feet, then it needs a machine of 300 square feet coverage capability.
- Apart from this, it is highly recommended to run the tool on its full speed for a couple of hours and then switch it to the minimum rate to maintain the standard of the room.
Is It Safe to Sleep With an Air Purifier on?
- Yes, it will be safe if you run the air purifying machine for the whole night. It also helps to improve sleep by providing fresh air. One can sleep very well in a relaxed and comfortable environment where fresh air plays a significant role.
- Apart from this, an air purifier leaves white noise that can be proven as a sleep aid. Many sleepers have a habit to sleep using white noise like soothing ambient sounds. The fans of the machine produced this kind of sound, and it can block outside noise. Thus, as a result, it can provide good sleep.
- A night of good sleep can make your morning energetic and bad can destroy the whole day. So it is good to run an air-purifying machine for the entire night that is safe and beneficial as well.
Are You Supposed to Leave Air Purifiers on All Day?
Yes, it is good to leave the air purifier turn on whether you are at home or not. If you turn it off, then the indoor air will get contaminated with airborne within 3 to 4 hours and after turning it on it will take 30 minutes to 2 hours for cleaning the indoor air. So that it is good to keep it turn on for 24 hours.
How Do I Know if My Air Purifier is Working?
There are three different ways to check that the air-purifying machine is working or not. Let’s have a look at these different ways.
1. Physical Check
Many models of the air purifier collect airborne particles on a metal plate or ionizing rods. Therefore the user can check that metal plate or rod regularly to ensure that the machine is working correctly or not. If the user finds too many dust or airborne particles on the metal plate, then it means your computer is working
2. Chemical Test
The other way to check the working of an air-purifying machine is by a chemical test kit. The process of testing is to turn off the machine and after two or three hours to conduct the test as instructed on the package. Then turn on the machine and after 24 hours, run the second test. If the results are the same, then your machine is not working.
3. Digital Air Quality Check
Many of the air purifying machines are comes with a digital monitor of measuring air quality. If your machine has not the air quality monitor than purchase a new one. It is the easiest and 100 percent accurate method to check the working of the device.
Why Are Air Purifiers Harmful?
Not all the models of an air-purifying machine are wrong. But some poor model can cause asthma, allergies and sleep problems and sometimes it even leads to long term health issues. Apart from this regular usage of ozone air purifier is not good because one can find breathing difficulties in a high ozone level atmosphere. Now, that it is good to go for Hepa filters that doesn’t leave any harmful particles even after regular use.
How Can I Improve the Air Quality in My Bedroom?
Depending on the air purifying machine to get clean air is not a good idea. You have to clean the surface or floor of the room to improve the air quality of your room. Apart from this, the purifier can provide better results with proper air circulation. So do not close the windows of the room so that the natural air can circulate in the room. By following these ideas, one can improve the air quality in their bedroom or living room.
Use Pure Air to Breathe
Clean and pure air is essential to breathe properly and stay healthy. Choosing the best air purifier is a difficult task that needs enough education about the machine. A poor quality model can cause so many health issues. Therefore it is essential to choose the best device for improving the air quality of your room. The most recommended model is Hepa filters for home use as it never harms its users with any allergic disease or other health issues.
Our team will be happy to know your reviews on the same and will help you to understand the other product details. Keep in touch for getting more informative ideas for different products. Get the best product from the market and keep your house perfect!. So, Is this article about how do air purifier works enough for you?