The temperature nowadays has risen to such extreme limits that Air conditioners have become a necessity rather than being an optional commodity. Because of their popularity in the way they function, air conditioners have become quite economical, and generally, every stratum of society can afford them. Let’s go know about how does air conditioning work.
Their capacity to cool down large areas in a short period makes them in demand, and therefore middle-class families too can enjoy their summers by placing one Air Conditioner in one room. Thus, it is indeed economical.
How Do Air Conditioners Function That They Cool Down Large Areas and Apartments in the Real Niche of Time?
The air conditioner has ductwork through which it provides fresh air into our homes and, in return removing the hot air by extracting it in. The split air conditioners work with the help of a compressor that gives out the cold air via the outdoor unit, and this is transforming its gaseous nature into liquid.
The converted liquid is then thrown out via the indoor compartment. The inside air is then made to pass through the evaporator fins. These fins eventually transform the thermal energy with the surrounding air. After that, the refrigerant converts from liquid to vapor, thus removing any surrounding heat.
Now, this process vanishes the flame from the air. The air, in turn, is cooled and is emitted back into the house. This whole mechanism is repeated until our rooms vanish or extract the heat from the surrounded air and bring down the temperature of the room.
How to Install a Window Air Conditioner?
Window air conditioners are not all a tough task to install. It is an excellent substitute for a central cooling system. Indeed, the installed units can be taken down after the summer season and can be kept in store; this uninstalling of units keeps intact the benefit of using the window sills for other varied purposes. One has to keep a few things in mind before installing the window air conditioners:
- Size of the room since window AC units come in different sizes, and each is having its cooling limit. Thus, it is relevant to choose the right size to enjoy the cold air to the fullest.
- Window AC units are designed differently for different windows. Generally, most units are made for double-hung windows. However, there are select units made for casement windows. One should keep the fire safety in the head if the unit is installed in one window room.
- Installing the AC is a little complicated process. Two-person labor is required and is more straightforward with double-hung windows. These air conditioners have an aiding kit with them. The kit contains extensions and mounting brackets to make sure that the installation is being done properly.
How to Clean an Air Conditioner?
The cleaning of the air conditioner can be done in a few simple steps-
- By removal of air filter by following the directions from the manual, one can easily clean one’s air conditioner.
- You are checking for any dust in the blower compartment through the vacuum cleaner. Lubricate the lubricant portions of the motor for better and efficient functioning.
How Do Portable Air Conditioners Work?
A portable air conditioner is a self-designed system that can cool a single room. They are easy to carry as they have inbuilt wheels and thus can be installed easily.
How to Set a Portable Air Conditioner?
The setting up of the portable is up to the model. The portable air conditioners remove heated up air and humid air as they cool down; the air has to be concentrated on another location, usually outside via included window kit. These kits contain a window in the form of a slider along with exhaust hose(s) that can be installed quickly to exhaust warm air outside. Once the exhaust hose and window kit, you can start the AC.
How to Vent Portable Air Conditioners Without a Window?
These air conditioners extract the heated-up air outside the room. And in doing so, there is a requirement of the hose. As in the absence of hose, the air will return to the place, which will make your AC less efficient. The question that users often ask is how to vent a Portable Air conditioner without a window? Well, there are various ways of doing the same.
- Through a Wall
For this, a selection of a proper spot is required to extract the hot air out of the house. Once the place is finalized, one can easily install it without a window. One can do this with the help of a dryer vent. These dryers have small holes, and we have to connect the hose into it, and thus this technique can work.
- Through a Drop Ceiling
We have to reconstruct our roof into the ventilating area. The idea behind this technique is to implement the working of these air conditioners without a window.
- Reasons for Installing Portable Air Conditioners
These air conditioners come with an energy-efficient rating that is (EER) and therefore are quite efficient.
How to Install a Portable Air Conditioner?
The installation process of the portable air conditioners is quite simple and basic. It is a process of 10- 30 minutes. The two most important steps are – Venting and Drainage. Venting in a right manner exhausts the heated-up air coming out of the room to the outside, where it vanishes naturally.
Drainage is another crucial step in the process of installation. The manual guide provides a detailed note of the same. It gives a proper concrete explanation as to how to drain the evaporated Air Conditioner and manual drain Air Conditioner in the right manner.
Merits of Having an Air Conditioner at Home
People are using air condition on a large scale from the last few years. Earlier, there was no such fashion of using air conditioners. But as society is growing, people are spending for comfort a lot. One of the basic needs is the air conditioner. It has a lot of advantages that we are mentioning below.
- Air conditioners help to cool the room very quickly without any hassle.
- When a person comes back from work in summers, it becomes too difficult to sit in the hot room. Therefore the manufacturers of the water cooler decided to do some better thing.
- And as a result, the air conditioners were manufactured.
- The company will do the installation, and there is no need to worry about installing it in the house.
- After there is no big rocket science that one has to learn while switching on or off the air conditioners.
- Even the modern air conditioners have timers in them that after your specified time, it will automatically shut down.
- Apart from these, many of the air conditioners are present that can save power. The unique generator is being inserted into the new air conditioners.
- After this, it will become very efficient to sleep with peace in your room.
Therefore, we think that there is no need to worry about anything else if you have so many advantages in your hand. Just go and purchase the best air conditioner for your home. Let your family sleep with peace at night in hot summers.
Demerits of Having an Air Conditioner
There are few merits of having a thing; hence faults are also there. There is no such a significant disadvantage that will stop you from purchasing the air conditioner. But a few small ones are there.
- The first disadvantage of an air conditioner is the electricity bill will increase after installing it. It consumes a lot of power, and you have to pay the double amount of electricity bill.
- Even you have to get it serviced after every season. It will cost you a little more.
- After this, another thing is that it is alright to use an item in the limit. But the air conditioner is a thing that makes a person addicted to it.
- Therefore in the future, if you want to leave using it, you will not be able to. Even maybe you have to put a lot of effort to stop using it.
- Also, the person will feel irritated if there is no air conditioner at a place in summers.
Therefore those mentioned above are a few small disadvantages of the air conditioner. But if you are using it in the limit, then the entire problem will become advantages. We always have to remember to handle things properly whenever needed. These air conditioners are using a vital resource that is electricity. Therefore we should take care of it while using AC.
So, here is the answer to all your informative questions at length, which will help you choose the most effective air conditioning work.to be it a window or portable ones. So, grab in the opportunity to make your summer’s relaxing by making the best choice for you and your family.